Prepare time: 10 min
Cook: 30 min
Ready in: 40 min
An easy, delicious and meat-free chilli con carne recipe that is perfect for making ahead and freezing.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 2 red peppers roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 800 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 400 g tin of red kidney beansdrained and rinsed
- 100 g dried red lentils
- 400 g frozen soy mince
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- A large handful of fresh coriander roughly chopped
- Cooked basmati rice
- Extra chopped coriander
- A squeeze of lime juice
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, celery, carrots and peppers for a few minutes, on a medium heat, until softened.
- Add the cumin, chilli powder, salt and pepper and stir.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, lentils, soy mince and vegetable stock. Add in the extra flavourings, if using.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve with some steamed basmati rice, some fresh torn coriander and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!
Note: Freezes well. Keeps for up to 4 days refrigerated.