Prepare time: 10 min
Cook: 20 min
Ready in: 30 min
These Vegan Protein muffins are quick, easy, healthy, and delicious! All you’ll need is some common ingredients, a blender, muffin tin and your oven. (gluten-free & oil-free)
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsps ground flaxseed + 5 Tbsps water)
- 1 1/4 cup dairy-free yogurt , unsweetened ( I used soy)
- 2 medium bananas , very ripe
- 2 cups GF rolled oats
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Protein Powder Nutritional Booster, vanilla flavor
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, pure
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Your favorite toppings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease each slot of a standard muffin tin. Use paper liners to keep the recipe oil-free.
- Prepare flax eggs in a small bowl, by mixing together the ground flax & water. Set aside about 10 minutes. It will thicken up and become gel-like.
- When the flax eggs are ready, add all the ingredients (except the toppings) into a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Pour mixture into each slot about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle each one with your favorite toppings (*Don’t press the toppings into the batter. I feel like it yields a flatter muffin this way). Bake for 15-18 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Insert a toothpick in the middle of a muffin or two. If it comes out mostly clean, they are done.
- Let muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack, then cool for another 10-15 minutes. The muffins might flatten out a little bit…it’s normal. *To avoid the liner sticking to the muffin, let them completely cool before enjoying. If not using liners, gently pop out each muffin with a butter knife.
- Topping Ideas: Berries, granola, vegan chocolate chips, chopped nuts, seeds, dried fruit, rolled oats, crushed cookies.
- This recipe makes about 10-11 muffins, depending how much you fill the slots. If you’ve greased a slot that won’t be used, just add a small amount of water to it, or wipe out the oil to prevent smoking.
- Some muffin liners have a tendency to stick. If you aren’t sure about them, just lightly grease the inside to prevent an unhappy muffin experience.
- Make sure your baking powder and baking soda are not expired. Fresh baking agents are important for a successful baking experience.
- If you don’t have ground flaxseed, you can use chia seeds instead. The measurements and method are the same as the flax, except the chia seeds can be used whole. If you only have whole flaxseed, you can grind it in a coffee grinder.